Parents, please use the tips below to stay informed and help your student:
1. Daily, ask to see your student’s HOMEWORK FOLDER so you know what their homework assignment is for the day. Expect your child to have approximately 10 questions of homework Monday-Thursday. (Algebra students will have homework on the weekends.)
2. Sign up for REMIND 101 to receive text reminders about upcoming tests and class activities:
|Class Text Enter Code
7th gr Math 81010 @17-18math7
8th gr Pre-Algebra 81010 @17-18palg8
8th gr Algebra 81010 @17-18alg8
3. Set up the PARENT PORTAL through the district website and view your child’s grades online frequently. The front office will have your student code.
4. Struggling to help your child with their math homework? Check out KHAN ACADEMY online! It provides videos of how to do math problems by topic. Also, ask to see your child’s notes. Examples are worked daily in class for them to reference to when working on homework. Your child also has a math resource handbook that was sent home at the beginning of the year for more examples.
5. Encourage your child to attend MATH TUTORIALS for extra help. Tutorials are daily in Mrs. Henard’s room until 4:15pm. Please see the current schedule below.
|Math Tutorial Schedule
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
3:40 – 4:15pm
A change in tutorial times will be noted weekly on the classroom announcement board.
6. Students are always encouraged to correct all papers, especially grades below 70%. If your child performs poorly on a test, please send them to tutorials to do corrections. Test Corrections must be completed by the due date in order to receive credit.
7. If your student is caught up with daily work, extra credit is available in the classroom. These activities can be picked up each month.
Mrs. Henard’s Conference time is 12:30 – 1:25pm